Mission Statement

This blog journals my quest of art, whether it is a piece of work that is inherent in nature or one created by artists known or unknown or that I created myself. During this search, I have come to appreciate the magnificence and generosity of God who in his infinite wisdom surrounded us with exquisiteness everyday...everywhere and inspired our human spirit to create beauty that feeds our bodies and souls. Come join me on my journey to find art through my travels and my own creative endeavors. Maraming salamat.

All rights to all posts and contents on this blog, including photos and artwork are reserved by jojo sabalvaro tan.






Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Easter Offering 2015 - The Resurrection

The Resurrection 2015
Watercolor on 4" x 4" Ampersand Aquabord
Watercolor, Micron pen, and Lumiere Metallic acrylic
by jojo sabalvaro tan
 
 
This is part of a series of paintings I have been doing every year at Holy Week as a part of my meditation on the events that occurred in Jerusalem leading up to Jesus' death more than 2 millennium ago . For this year's painting, I chose the subject of Jesus' resurrection mostly because I wanted to offer special thoughts and prayer for my sister -in-law whose name was derived from the resurrection. She had been recently diagnosed with cancer, a news that devastated the entire family. We are all praying for God's grace for her and her family as they battle this illness.
 
There is a televised series running on PBS this week based on the book by Siddhartha Mukherjee called The Emperor of All Maladies. It covers the "biography", including  the science and politics, of cancer and I have learned a lot so far from watching it.. Finding the cure has been the primary goal for many years now. For centuries, this enemy (cancer) had been a hard one to fight since it had proven to be very fugitive and continues to evolve. Great strides have been made in developing medicines and treatments to cure or stunt the growth of most cancers. And everyone of us living today have, ourselves or someone we know, benefited from these discoveries and technologies which originated  from finding the cure.. Unfortunately, a complete cure for all cancers is still elusive. We all pray that it will come during our lifetime.
 
 
Please join me in saying a prayer for my sister-in-law  and all of the friends and family you and I have suffering from cancer:
 
Dear Lord,  I lift up Ressee and all cancer patients to you. Please give them your care and attention and grant them peace and comfort during this battle.. Please be with them, their family, friends and caregivers in this journey and where it’s Your will, bring about healing to their bodies. Thank you for hearing my prayers.
 
But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds declares the LORD.”
 
Jeremiah 30:17
Amen
 
*******************************************************************
 
This painting is adapted from  a  mosaic originally  done by jpiercey (jpiercey.com) for a church in Tennessee. My painting is small, at only 4" x 4". It is more like a painted tile since after I completed the painting, I covered it with a thick high gloss finish with a substance that is prepared just as you would epoxy. I think there are a few substances like it available on the market but the one I used is EnviroTex Lite pour on High Gloss Finish.  The piece is drying now. After it is dry, I will attach it to a frame.
********************************************************************
A  VERY  BLESSED AND HOLY EASTER TO EVERYONE.
May the joy of Jesus' resurrection fill your hearts with renewed hope and bring about spiritual and physical healing.
The painting mounted on an 8" x 8" silver leafed frame.

2 comments:

  1. Jojo beautiful painting and beautiful prayer. I too am praying for Ressee. Blessings and Prayers for your family. GB

    ReplyDelete