Mission Statement

This blog journals my quest of art, whether it is a piece of work that is inherent in nature or one created by artists known or unknown or that I created myself. During this search, I have come to appreciate the magnificence and generosity of God who in his infinite wisdom surrounded us with exquisiteness everyday...everywhere and inspired our human spirit to create beauty that feeds our bodies and souls. Come join me on my journey to find art through my travels and my own creative endeavors. Maraming salamat.

All rights to all posts and contents on this blog, including photos and artwork are reserved by jojo sabalvaro tan.






Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Autumn 2014

What a beautiful autumn we've had so far here in the Chicago area. The trees were in their full color regalia, (probably the best I've seen around here in a long time) and the weather was not bad either. We experienced some of the balmiest temperatures we had for the fall season. I thought I'd pay tribute to this wonderful season by doing a painting. I have neglected painting somewhat since I have been working on putting together a book of my travel sketches ( that's another continuing saga!). We have a baby squirrel that's been running around our yard feeding on the last of the summer offerings in our garden. Its favorite spot is our raised herb and vegetable garden which it has been visiting ever since he was just as big as my hand from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. Now he is almost full size. I don't see it eating any of the produce though. We still have a few herbs and some green tomatoes in the garden and he has not touched them.

For my homage to fall, I decided to paint this squirrel as it frolicked among the fallen leaves in our backyard. Here is what I came up with. I've entitled it Fall Leaves Fall from a poem by Emily Bronte. Hope you like it.
Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving everyone.
 
Fall Leaves Fall 2014
5" x 7" Watercolor on Canson Montval
jojo sabalvaro tan
P
 
And here is the poem by Emily Bronte (1818-1848)

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.
Source: Poets of the English Language (Viking Press, 19)


2 comments:

  1. I love Mr. Squirrel and the entire piece of art. The poem is spot on. You are doing wonderfully with your art, excited to see your book. Love GB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny. I am loving your art also.... Can't wait for a chance to paint together. By the way, the book, Passport to Creativity, is now available on Amazon.. Can you believe I have a book on Amazon....

      Delete