Mission Statement

This blog journals my quest of art, whether it is a piece of work that is inherent in nature or one created by artists known or unknown or that I created myself. During this search, I have come to appreciate the magnificence and generosity of God who in his infinite wisdom surrounded us with exquisiteness everyday...everywhere and inspired our human spirit to create beauty that feeds our bodies and souls. Come join me on my journey to find art through my travels and my own creative endeavors. Maraming salamat.

All rights to all posts and contents on this blog, including photos and artwork are reserved by jojo sabalvaro tan.






Saturday, December 24, 2011

2011 Christmas Card

Blue Virgin of Chartres  2010
22 3/4" x 6 1/4"
Paper Mosaic on Artboard
by jojo sabalvaro tan


This is the image that was chosen by close family and friends for our 2011 Christmas card. This is the first year I am not using one of my Madonna and Child paintings. Instead, I am using the paper mosaic I made inspired by the stained glass windows I saw at Chartres Cathedral in France. I featured this piece in an earlier post, Paper Mosaic. I did do several watercolors for this year's Christmas Card (featured in earlier posts as well).
The three final contenders are as follows. Which one is your favorite?

Illuminated manuscript - Nativity 2011
9" x 12"
Watercolor on watercolor paper
by jojo sabalvaro tan

Madonna and Child 2011
9" x 12"
Watercolor on watercolor paper
by jojo sabalvaro tan

Nativity 2011
11" x 11"
Watercolor on watercolor paper
by jojo sabalvaro tan


This year I printed my own cards. It was difficult to find the appropriate sized card stock because the image is long and narrow. I found some Wilton tri-fold program card stock in the wedding aisle of a party store. It was the perfect size except I had to cut-off one of the folds. The card had a border in front that framed my image perfectly. I think this turned out the nicest card I made so far, but I do think that every year. I can't wait to get started on next year's card.


The finished 2011 Christmas Card Front

The finished 2011 Christmas Card Inside
Sentiment: "Peace, Love, Joy"


Merry Christmas and a Great 2012 to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment