For my next painting under the mentorship of Maritza Bermudez, I chose to paint peonies. As I was sketching the flowers, I almost gave up. There were so many petals and I realized the color value and tints will be a challenge. The wrong tint or value may result in the flower looking like a bunch of different shapes instead of a flower.... But, I forged on with the challenge and I am happy with the results. I always view my painting as a continuous learning process.
The main color I used was Opera Pink and I added shades and accents of quinacridone magenta, permanent rose and carbazole violet. I painted the flowers mostly in wet-on-wet and approached the flowers petal by petal. I used the negative painting technique for most of the leaves.