Mission Statement

This blog journals my quest of art, whether it is a piece of work that is inherent in nature or one created by artists known or unknown or that I created myself. During this search, I have come to appreciate the magnificence and generosity of God who in his infinite wisdom surrounded us with exquisiteness everyday...everywhere and inspired our human spirit to create beauty that feeds our bodies and souls. Come join me on my journey to find art through my travels and my own creative endeavors. Maraming salamat.

All rights to all posts and contents on this blog, including photos and artwork are reserved by jojo sabalvaro tan.






Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Art Exhibition


I just came from the Bartlett Village Hall Gallery to pick up two of my artworks that was on exhibit there. It is the first official exhibition of any of my works. I've had a few pieces that was auctioned and raffled at charity fund raisers before but not formally exhibited. One of my quilts collected more than $2000 for the Red Cross 911 fund. A basket with a painted box lid was auctioned at a breast cancer cure fund raising event.

Back to the exhibit. The exhibit was sponsored by Arts in Bartlett, an organization that promotes the appreciation of the arts in Bartlett and the surrounding towns. This was a members only exhibit and they have a major juried exhibition where all artists are invited to participate. This occurs in the summer. For more information on Arts in Bartlett, please visit their site at: http://artsinbartlett.org/

The Exhibition Program


Here are the pieces I exhibited:

Village of Bartlett Box, acrylic on wood

Mother and Child, 2008, watercolor (This was the artwork I used on my 2008 Christmas card)

No comments:

Post a Comment