Mission Statement

This blog journals my quest of art, whether it is a piece of work that is inherent in nature or one created by artists known or unknown or that I created myself. During this search, I have come to appreciate the magnificence and generosity of God who in his infinite wisdom surrounded us with exquisiteness everyday...everywhere and inspired our human spirit to create beauty that feeds our bodies and souls. Come join me on my journey to find art through my travels and my own creative endeavors. Maraming salamat.

All rights to all posts and contents on this blog, including photos and artwork are reserved by jojo sabalvaro tan.






Friday, April 23, 2010

Field of flowers, hopefully


Here is my work as I came out of class. I finished all the underpainting in class and will work on the overpainting and details before the next class rolls along. We are supposed to paint a field of flowers. Hopefully, it does not turn into a pile of mud by the time I am done. Mr. Perez, our gardener, just planted a bunch of pansies in our front garden. That should inspire me although I won't be able to work on painting until Monday. This weekend, on Saturday, I'm throwing a tea party here at home for some friends and we will be attending a baptism on Sunday. We'll probably get in a round or two of mahjong with the family in there too. The weekend promises to be busy but fun, very much unlike last week where we had a funeral and a one year death anniversary celebration for two of our dear departed friends, Rico Vallejera and Kiko Almeida.

A remembrance:

I am dedicating the newly planted bed of pansies in our garden to my classmate, Emma de la Pena who passed away last Tuesday from breast cancer. I am also dedicating the pansies to all my love ones who died of breast cancer, my mom, my Auntie Emang, my cousin Nancy and my sister-in-law Remmee. May they all be resting in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment